Special Luncheon with Thierry de Montbrial
20 10월 2017
The French-Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FKCCI) is honored to host a Special Luncheon featuring a keynote presentation by Mr. Thierry De Montbrial, Founder and Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations (IFRI), France’s leading think tank, and Chairman of the World Policy Conference (WPC).
Mr. Thierry de Montbrial is recognized as one of the most prominent experts on international relations and policies in the world. He will deliver a presentation on the geopolitical situation in the Korean peninsula and in the region. He will provide his analysis on the fundamentals of the North Korean crisis, explain what is really at stake and discuss possible scenarios for the future.
This event is sponsored by Daegu Metropolitan City.
THIERRY DE MONTBRIAL
- Graduated from « L’Ecole Polytechnique » and « l’Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris »
- 1970 : University of California, Berkeley, PhD, under the supervision of Professor Gérard Debreu (Nobel Prize laureate for Economics, 1983)
- 2008~Now: Founder and President of the World Policy Conference
- 2001: President of the “Institut de France” and of The French academy of moral and Political Sciences.
- 1995~2008: Chairman of the department of Applied Economics and International Relations at the “Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM)”. Professor Emeritus since 2008.
- 1979~Now: Founder and Executive Chairman of the French Institute of International Relations-IFRI
- 1973~2008: Professor at the Ecole Polytechnique Chairman of the department of Economics.
- 1973~1979: Director of the Center of analysis and Prevision for the French Ministry of Foreign relations.
- Columnist for Le Figaro (1989-2001) and Le Monde (2002-2010)
- Board of Directors of Renault Foundation (Since 2010) and of Capgemini (Since 2005)
- Author of several tens of books on the world’s economy and geopolitical balance.
- Several hundred visits abroad since 1974: participation in international conferences and keynote speeches on the various aspects of the international system.
- Commandeur of the Legion d’Honneur (2007)
- Grand Officier of the Ordre National du Mérite (2011)
- Officer of the Order of Arts and Letters (2016)
- Awarded Grand Prix of the Société de Géographie for his collected works (2003)
DATE Friday, October 20th, 2017, 12:00-14:00 (Registrations start at 11:30)
VENUE Grand Ambassador Seoul, Orchid (19F)
287 Dongho-ro, Jung-gu, 04618 Seoul, KOREA
FEES* 65,000 KRW for Members / 85,000 KRW for Non-members
(10% VAT included)